Quick and easy snack bites that are naturally sweetened and delicious!
Finding a good snack can be a challenge at times. Most ready-to-eat vegan snacks I find at the grocery store have too many refined ingredients for my liking. I like snacks at any time of the day – morning snack, mid-day snack, bed time snack, you name it. I’m quite the snacking queen in my household. But I typically snack more at night time right before going to bed. Usually I’ll have half a fruit, a handful of peanuts, or some popcorn. Though these quick snacks are filling and nutritious, if I may be honest here, there are times when I want a FUN snack. That’s when I discovered these quick and easy snack bites!
They are fun, I promise!
Feel no guilt with these delicious bites as they are naturally sweetened with dates. Dates can be a great alternative to sweeteners and are a great addition to any raw dessert – or snack bite! These snack bites also require no baking, making them the perfect item for any warm day. The cashews and flaxseed oil give these snack bites a nutty flavor. And the flaxseed oil also provides some alphalinoeic acid (ALA), which is a precursor for DHA and EPA for omega-3 fatty acids.
Whether you need an on-the-go snack to help manage hunger during a busy day or want to satisfy your craving for a quick bed time snack, let these snack bites accomplish just that.
No Bake Cashew Snack Bites
Serves: Makes 11 - 12 snack bites
Total Time: 10 - 15 minutes
For Snack Bites
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 tablespoons oats
- 5 pitted dates
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil*
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until well combined.
- In a small bowl, place ingredients for toppings and mix well.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon portion of the mixture and roll it into a ball, then roll into the coconut and hemp seeds topping to coat.
- Repeat above step until all mixture is done (makes about 11 snack bites depending on how heaping portion you scoop out).
*You may substitute flaxseed oil for grapeseed oil or coconut oil. I have tried this recipe with grapeseed oil and it does not change the flavor profile.
*Snack bites can be refrigerated for up to one week for later use.